Sunday, January 23, 2022

MEANING

A  very foggy cold day.

As usual Spenser and I head out into the cold fog morning 
I was feeling extra  tired as I
had slipped getting back into bed
and banged my head on the night table by my bed.
That woke dad up and he came around to help me up
I told dad exactly where I was going so he could drive and pick me up
I was thankful I did because I was tired out and even the small hill on the way home
seemed like a mountain..
.
I was not going to mention it to any one but dad mentioned it when we had a short talk to Rick.
I hope Rick had a good talk to the engineers in Australia.

I think Rick has a very meaningful job.
You have to know what you are talking about  with  the experts.

Talking to Pat she expressed the fact that she found meaning in the Spiritual
but had grown away from Christianity.  We all know the experiences we have
when we walk in a forest and feel the beauty of nature all around us.

I believe that one can feel the awe of the supernatural in a church.

Surrounded by friends and there is an energy that flows into the mind and heart of a believer
.
We may be in a different place in our walk with the Creator.
We are on a journey together and some are up ahead of me and others come behind.
We each have a role to play.
We bring meaning into the lives of others along the way.

The road at times seem difficult but if we take time to rest and pray
we keep going.

Faith can even have times of doubt and uncertainty. "

An unthinking faith is not worthy of the gift that God gives to seekers
who want the truth and peace and assurance.

Faith and fellowship give my life meaning.









 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

You did better than Randy and I, we skipped the walk and concreted on working in the dining room.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I think you have your text on "centre," Mom.

Sometimes I don't understand what the Australian folks are saying. (Maybe I will have to bring Kenny on as an interpreter - ha ha!)

I think two falls in one day (two days?) is significant.

Thank goodness Laura is there.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Still nice and hot here, very liveable with our new air conditioning. We went to the movies last night and saw Ghostbusters. I almost didn't fall asleep. I hope Dad got the Apple Air Tags to work.
ken