Monday, September 29, 2008

AS MORNING DAWNS 52 YEARS LATER

THE FRESHNESS OF YOUTH
THE RAVISHNESS (MALE ONLY) OF 52 YEARS


I love the early morning when it is quiet and the world awakens slowly around me. Slowly the light brightens the new day and stirs within the spirit of thankfulness.

Yesterday we had a great time at Sandra and Randy's for a Salmon barbecue. Carol and Kim and Michael John and Mary and Ben and Morgan. Morgan stole the show sitting on the potty seat in the living room so happy and excited about the diaper fairy that has taken her diaper's away and she is now growing up.

Ben enjoyed soccer with Michael and gave him a big run around the back yard.

Morgan danced to an East Indiam exercise video and she was so cute.

Yes, we discussed Christmas and giving to a local charity although I still like the idea of giving chickens or goats or books to those who have so little and struggle every day to feed their children and educate them

Yes today is our anniversary I think we will be entering our 53 year. I remember how hard all our family worked to put on the 50 anniversary tea. We still have the words that Theresa printed out for us; so probably a good time to reread them. I pray that our love for each other will become stronger as our bodies become weaker. Lord, give us strength and wisdom.

My back and neck are still painful, although I have days when it appears to be going. This will limit our plans for today but I am sure well make up for it when we are both feeling better.

I am beginning a spiritual quest to understand what Jesus was really telling us. His life and his words show us the strength of compassion and gentleness that is more powerful than riches and fame.

Jesus died to transform the ugliness of sin into the beauty of redemption.

I find myself feeling lost and out of touch with the world that looks for happiness in other ways. I have no wild stories to tell except the joy of my spiritual faith.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Aniversery mom and dad! We should have put candles on the apple pie. It is such a nice day, sure feel like playing hooky from work. I think knowing the rain is coming soom makes these last nice days all the sweeter.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

(By the way, Jesus lived for us, he didn't die for us.)

Much love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad .
I thought Jesus just went to live with his Father????

Ken

beth bennett said...

What amazing children I have!
I stand corrected.
Love you

Anonymous said...

No no no, he DIED so that we could live, you know, redemption of sin and all that