Wednesday, September 17, 2008

BE A LIGHT

I met two amazing ladies yesterday at the 100 year old church in Hazelmere. They were retired after busy lives and are now putting their energy into building up this church. There was no money to keep it going so together they are putting on church dinners, bake sales and music concerts and life is returning to this ancient building.

They are such fun to be with and so proud of their old United Church.

They even raffle tickets on a quilt behind their minister's back. This is considered gambling in the United Church and was one of the old no no's; along with serving alcolhol.

I am now involved in the United Church Women's group and they have asked me to do the devotional at the fall rally. I will be sharing my work as a volunteer visiter.

No comments: