Thursday, September 18, 2008

TOO SERIOUS


As a child I was very serious in contrast to my wild and crazy brother. He would talk and argue with my parents and often got in trouble.

I was more of a dreamer who loved to read. I read all the animal stories in the library becasue I would dream of having a dog. My dad did not like dogs at all and even had a fear of them. My mom was preety serious and very much a lady. Her life was keeping my father happy and all of us well cared for. She was a good mother and only got annoyed when I lost my mitts frequently.
I would be sent out to look for them.

On the way to the library I passed a Catholic Convent and I would dream of being a nun because they looked so beautiful and peaceful. I guess it is good that I didn't because I would have missed out on being a mom. I was a good mother but maybe I was too serious so it is good that Larry could make us laugh and was interested in lots of different things. Certainly more adventure- some than I.


Have you noticed Larry's great big smile? He is getting all his teeth fixed. I will take a picture!

We are very proud of all our children and I see in them some of the traits I wish I had had.
Rick, Carol, Sandra, Kenny all so different and we love them all.

Now the grand children and great grand children bring new joy into our lives. We are proud of Kim and Mary and Leah continuing their studies and we so enjoy spending time with them and hearing their opinions. The world is different and our eyes are being openned to some of the changes.

Theresa has been so good at planning family get togethers. She has fun with her children Morgan and Ben. We are a big group when we get together and I throughly enjoyed it when they were planning their camping trips. Camping is something I do not find fun. We are happy when Tasha is able to join us with her son Justice. Ben and Morgan like it when they can play together.

Chris has been working hard and has found a girlfriend Linda who is very open with us and likes to have fun.

Stephen and Shawna have settled down in their own home while Shawna finishes her nursing course. They are a very special couple and add to each other's personalities. As he is growing older we are seeing a different very likeable side of Cameron-ha,ha! Maybe this year he will find some one special to share his life.

Would I have been different if I had not had such poor health?

We are so happy that Ken has found Melina and they have added Matthew to their families.
Ken was always full of jokes and made us laugh.

We are looking forward to seeing Brittany this fall when she comes to Canada. We so enjoyed having Tyler and Hobeyand Ken visit us last year. Fortunately Oliver was able to help Tyler find a good place to ski and helped him fit in. Oliver is looking forward to starting his course with the Coast Guard.

We miss our family that have gone so far away, but love is sent to them prayerfully everyday.

I did not mean to write names in here because I may say the wrong thing and miss someone.

No I did not forget the three Mikes, they are all hardworking and loveable and have enriched our lives in many ways. We see less of Mikie and Mike because they live in Chilliwack.

We have grown to love and appreciate Ranu who lives in Trinidad. She has been very thoughtful and caring. We hope to get to know Lucas better one day as he was so young when he came for a visit.

Bobby will be joining Leah here in Burnaby. Now there is some one full of energy!

We are pleased that Randy is a part of our family and we know thar Sandra can be a challenge.

Carol and Panteli have had a big job painting their house after struggling to decide what color to paint it. What a great idea of Carol's to make it fun by inviting us over to paint and to party.
So we have a wonderful variety of personalities.

Hopefully I am learning to laugh more and enoy them all. Hey, you guys I sure do love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, you should go into politics, you are so diplomatic, did you get every one of us, I think so.Good job!

Anonymous said...

so cameron is "likeable" now huh? he wasnt likeable before? haha, just kidding... or am I?... love that picture. grandpa looks very stern. and yes, Linda is very open and funloving! and question... who is the baby at the top of the page?

Love chris
P.S. linda says you look cute in the hat. nice picture, very nice.

Anonymous said...

Somehow only grandma can say things like, ...sandy is very difficult... and get away with it. Maybe that is where I get my bluntness from....

Very entertaining. Insightful. We love you both.

Great pictures!

Theresa