Friday, September 5, 2008

YOU JUST HAVE TO LAUGH

I am doing much better. I am exercising everytime I go up and down the stairs. I took a pain pill and I got very ill, so that was for the best I am sure. Larry and I have more pills we cann't take than we can. You hand them into the druggist.


anyway the funny part is that the pyhisio therapist said I had a fungus infection in my neck. Now I have a discoloured nail from getting it caught months ago in the car window. So, I phone my doctor and he is booked up and all the walk in clinics are full.

I take two trips over to the nearest clinic; Theresa insisted, and the doctor looked at me as though I was crazy. I said will its on the inter-net. You can do a blood test. Now, he really thought me crazy. Anyway he gave me a little sample container and said cut off a piece and take it to the lab across the street. I run across in the middle of Scott Road because I am getting late to go visiting.

The lady at the lab was very nice but she had nothing to cut my nail with. A nice young girl suggested I go to the nail clinic next door. The first girl did not speak English and she looked extremely puzzled. Another girl came and the operation was completed and the nail is now in the lab.

I ended the day with a delightful lady of 100. She does not not why she is here but she sure cheered me up with her stories and her sense of hunour.

The spell checker says no errors so I wonder if it is really working.

Now a days we have phones and answering machines and e-mail and I still cannot get hold of people. It is very important for our family to keep in touch because the plans ALWAYS change. Our birthday bash is at Carol's and those who want can come early and help her paint, that is if they have been able to pick out the colours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the infection is in your neck why cut
Your nail off? I hope your neck and nail
Heal soon.
Ken