Sunday, September 7, 2008

IT TURNED INTO A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR PAINTING

Fun was had by all - especially Randy
It was one of those days that you are never quite sure how they will turn out, Misty and cool in the morning but warm weather had been promised.

The pan was to travellto Tssawassen to help Carol and Panteli paint their house and then celebrate the four birthdays of Auntie Sandy, cousins Theresa, Tasha and Leah. Tasha was not able to come and we did miss her and Justice. Auntie Susan was also invited with Keith.

My morning started badly as my crown tooth came out and left this aweful gaping hole in the front of my mouth. I should have been getting my snacks ready but instead Larry drove me around to find a dentist. Just starting to feel better with the pain in my back and neck I felt exhausted and sad.

But the day improved Leah arrived first and was a great help painting. Carol was already busy going up and down the ladder, Panteli was organizing. Larry and I did our bit and everyone laughed when I started painting the wrong colour by the front door. The two colours were very much the same and it made it easier to paint over.

More help arrived with Randy and Sandra, the experts, Michael John the beginner and Mary the studier. We were so pleased to hear that Leah is back to school on Sept. 20 and will receive all her credits. And she did not need to pay more.

Chris arrived in a very smart new shirt with Belinda, they came to party not paint but we were happy to see them. Theresa arrived last completely exhausted with taking Ben to soccer and running after Morgan who wanted to play. She is also fighting her afternoon naps as well as making messes all over the house with anything she can dump out.

Tasha and Justice were missing as well as Kim as they had to work.

I was disappointed when Leah, Chris and Belinda left early to have supper with their mom. Carol had worked so hard making a great supper and a beautiful cake.

When we left Carol and Ben made a beautiful picture riding their two wheeler bikes around the street. Carol and Panteli really appreciated all our help.

What great lesson in life did I learn; to be happy even if things do not always work out; and to except small disappointments. Grandpa and I are also feeling our age and we do get too tired to do what we would like to do.

Mary and Michael John are full of wedding plans for Nov. 20, 2010. Theresa reminded them that marriage was more than a wedding and they should discuss important issues. Dr. Phil's advice. All I can say is expect lots of bumps along the way where you will be disappointed and maybe even angry.

Forgiveness is the key that is more important than communication even. No one knows exactly how you feel or how some thing can be very painful, because it is important to you.

The beautiful thing about growing old together is that you have let the good memories heal the sad times and you are more aware of each other's pain. Larry and I often are thinking about the same thing at the same time.

All together we had lots of great laughs and fun exchanging presents. Mary also modeled the East Indian clothes we had bought for Theresa's book club East Indian theme. She actually talked to the author on face-book.

I am very proud of all my grandchildren and great grandchildren and thankful that we can have so much fun together! Sorry the spell-checker does not want to work.

Spiritually they all seem to be searching and I can see now more and more that religion is a difficult reality to grasp and that more and more faults are coming to light.

Like a misty day that turns out beautiful when we allow religion to become a sacred mystery that colours our lives with inner joy, we gradually see a light. For me the light that radiates from Jesus Christ is what shines into my heart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mom,

I'm glad the party turned out well, and I think you were lucky to get the crown replaced so quickly. (I've got a few in my mouth that I forget about until they break or fall out).

I'm sorry that Leah and Chris and Belinda didn't stay for dinner. I suppose they were trying to keep everyone happy.

I think Jesus Christ, properly understood (ie. he didn't come back from the dead; crucifixion wasn't his idea, nor God's; and that he was an implacable opponent of organized, hierarchical religion), provides the basis for the resistance to dangerous religious orthodoxy whether Muslim or any other kind. (Not that your post was worried about this, but I can' resist the chance to try out my latest theory.) Indeed, properly understood, Jesus points a path towards enlightenment, moderation, and toleration.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had agood day in the end . I had to help catch a sheep so a neighbour could eat him.It was not very nice . But it was Fathers day so I got many nice presents from Jesse and Matthew .

Ken