Sunday, September 29, 2019

ANNIVERSARY

                                       No greater joy than spending time with our family.  
What a surprise to have Theresa and Ben waiting at our house when we got home.  


Ben had been playing soccer at U.B.C;
Play against Salt Lake city and won!
He will be traveling again soon.
Thurs shares some of the news about them moving to the Island.  All their plans seem to be failing in place.  They are an amazing family.  Keeping busy.  We will miss them but plan to enjoy many more happy times with them all!

It is our anniversary today.  No greater joy than finding some one to love and start a family with.

It was a lovely fall day on the day of our wedding.  We were both a little nervous and excited to be moving to Vancouver where dad would start his career as Air traffic controller and I would become a mom of our four children.

My best friend from Saskatoon, Lynn Holland, was the maid of honor.  She made her own dress.  The other two girls were my best friends in Regina.

I certainly remember how happy I was and full of excitement.

We had many lessons to learn especially about unconditional love.

I have had to learn to love myself just as I am and not compare myself to others.

We had many great adventures driving back home to Saskatoon and then Calgary and also to Edmonton.  

We also had adventures flying in his small plane to see the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas as well as short trips in Canada.

We are challenged to live life with joy and thankfulness.  

"Effort leads to grace"
Henri Nouwen

We are going for a drive to celebtate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was a lovey day for our beginning of the great adventure of our lives!

It has continued for the last 63 years, we have had our ups and downs, highs and lows, but the one constant has always been our love for each other!

love
me

Sandra said...

I called and was going to drop by yesterday but you were not home. I figured you were visiting Kimberly and Hamlet.

Randy was doubling so I had the whole day to putter around. Got out into the garden for a bit and cleaned a bit and read a bit. Went out looking for a turkey but we have not had any luck so far.

Happy Anniversary!

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sorry we missed your call Sandra.

Do you have any kittens.

Love mom