Friday, September 27, 2019

WAITING

                                            Waiting for these leaves to turn color.

Waiting for a phone call back from Lorraine, Vera's daughter to let us know if she is up to a visit.

We know the answer when Vera phones to say she is not doing well.  She can barely talk.  We tell her we love her and she is in our prayers.

These last months have been like a gift of grace that enabled her to enjoy visits and our friendship.

Her daughter is with her now and her sons and grandchildren will be with her.  We know this time was coming and it was time to say good-bye.  There was an unspoken understanding that goes deeper than words.

We feel very sad.

We watch some CNN and then I read and rested  a bit,  before taking Spencer for his walk.
It seemed very cold and windy.

I remember the difficult time of seeing my mom so incapacitated by her stroke.  I remember she seemed very unemotional and distant and the failure to be able to talk made visits difficult.

Our visits have made me feel introspective about the past, thinking about mom and dad,  and the sadness and grief through many difficult days.

The past has gone and now we face the future with the strength and courage of all the love we have shared
.
\Waiting to celebrate our anniversary

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I sometimes wonder why I am bothering so much about looking for Doug, Randy's dad when Randy does not ever care. It is not like I was overly fond of the guy.
But there is just something about being able to say good bye.
The private investigator has been following his brother now for 3 weeks and has not been able to find out anything.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Hi Sandra
Yes saying good-bye is important.

I talked to Lorraine and she will phone if
she thinks Vera is up to a visit.
I think shejust wants to rest.

I startedto ask about Randy's dad but
I think you changed the subject.

Has his name been changed?

A beautiful day today.

Love mom

Sandra said...

No, his name has not changed.