Thursday, January 23, 2020

LISTEN

Quiet listening is good for my soul.  I take a moment just to forget all my worries and anxieties.

Quiet listening can be a gift we give to one another.

I tried later in the day at the nurses office to listen to the instructions for putting on the sleep moniter
but when  got ready for bed  was not sure I was doing it right.  I had a hard time falling to sleep with the band around my middle and wires to my nose etc.  

I am thankful the receptionist listened to my request for an appointment for dad before his does his test.  Visual Fields.  His appointment is on the 4th of Feb.  I wish it were sooner.

Next week we have three appointments.  One to see the nurse for the sleep test results as well as dad's eye doctor and I have a stress test.  I hope I do better than this sleep test!

Today I return the sleep tester.

I wonder if any one is listening to the Impeachment speeches of the other side,



Taking time just to listen is important even if we have no answers.

Really making an effort to listen is good for the brian.

3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, I'm not listening/watching the impeachment stuff, although ordinarily I would. Just because the outcome doesn't seem in doubt, I suppose.

This sleep monitor thing does sound like a bit of a bother.

You keep saying your blog doesn't work, but it keeps appearing. :)

Much warmer here now. Lots of melting and dripping.

I am now wondering if I really want to go to Whitehorse. I haven't signed on the dotted line yet, but that is the next step.

Love,

Rick



Sandra said...

I dont think either side is listing to the other side and all a waste of time. Just will make Trump more cocky with the impeachment does not go through.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

rick, are you still expecting anything from toronto? Or any other iron in fire?

I dont know how interesting Whitehorse would be for you, or the income, but at least it is not terribly cold (just cold) and only 2 hours from Vancouver.

Dad