Wednesday, March 18, 2020

ISOLATION

Isolation is very hard.

I have my long walk with Spenser and dad went on his bike ride today.  It felt like a warm summer day but then it cools off quickly.

 I want to know how others are doing.  I am phoning people more just to keep in touch.  I believe that we are designed to share our lives with each other,  

I believe we were not meant to live in isolation.  Meaningful connections are important.

Very sad news from my brother Brian telling us his wife is in hospice care and she is dying.  Her boys are there now.  Traudl was a very special person full of life and joy.  She will be missed but her quality of life has been so poor the last few years she has not been herself.  Brian will be very sad and lonely without her.  They shared their love of family and the love of hiking and skying.  They built and designed their own home.  Brian took early retirement from the Mounties so he could move to Invermere to live there as a family.  He was a great believer in the power of prayer and he usually prayed for me and my loved ones but tonight he asked me to pray for him and the family.

One feels so helpless when facing the death of a loved one.

We are thinking of going to visit  but there is to be no funeral.

Our neighbor went to the dental conference and now her office is closed because some one was there  at the conference with the virus.and she has been ordered to self-isolation.  Her husband too has to work from home,

Dad and I are feeling okay but we both are tired but maybe that is just old age.  Weaker too.  We are doing our best to stay healthy.

Thanks Ken for your phone call it was great to hear from you even though your work is going through changes and lay-offs.

We are very thankful for our loving family who look after us so well.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear about Traudle. A very hard time to be going through this with all the other craziness going on.

We are doing fine, I will be going in to the office just two days a week now I think. More of our staff are getting set up like me to work from home.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

That is a good idea Sandra.

Take care.

Love mom