Tuesday, March 3, 2020

RHYTHMS

Each season of life has a rhythm of it's own.
Old age also has a slower rhythm.

I am thankful for a good night's rest.

After reading words of wisdom I start the day with prayer.  After breakfast Spenser and I go for a walk.  He sets the pace.  For him the world is full of smells each one waiting to be snift.

We walk by the coffee shop where people are hurrying in and out with their first morning coffee.

The vegetable market is opening up and colourful  fruits and vegetables are on display.

Even the Safeway store has spring flowers out on display.

The rhythm of the last two days has slowed down.  I walk and then I rest and later in the day I will go shopping.  Every recipe seems to need new ingredients.  I have to sneak out without Spenser.

.Dad is busy trying to find information on his computer.

I focus on the needs of the day.  Yesterday a bowl was broken and some spills happened but that is soon cleaned up.

Scripture reminds us to take every thought captive by appreciating all we have been given.
2 Corinthians 10:5

Yes the rhythm of life has changed but it is still good to be alive and well!


2 comments:

Sandra said...

Has your tummy settled it self out?

I was hoping to go for a walk last night but it was just so cold and rainy I could not force my self outside. Did not help that supper was ready and waiting when I walked in the door.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes my tummy is better.

Lucky you having supper ready.

Dad and Spenser are just waking up.

Love mom