Tuesday, March 31, 2020

SUPPORT

It is so good to feel the support of our family.

"When spider webs unite they can tie up a lion"
Old Proverb.

Yesterday was an eventful day.

I have met a very cheerful young lady at the dog park.  Our dogs like each other and we stand and talk about our families.  Whe has two sons and one hopes to get into the Whitecaps Support group.
Her dog is big white shaggy one that wants to play.  Spenser is usual calm self.

I phone my brother repeatable and he does not answer.  I try one last call in the evening and he answers.  I am so relived.  He is thankful for the support in this time of trauma.  He is thankful for our cards!

Carol made a quick trip to our house to deliver some home baked cookies.  Boy were they ever good!
I couldn't wait to try them.

We have fun talking on skype with Kim and Carol, Rick and Sandra.  So good to see and talk to each other.  We feel loved and supported.

"The richness of the human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome."  Helen Keller.
I would add if we did not feel supported.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, we just need to have our family video chats a bit earlier, or maybe everyone is not home at the same time.

Dad continuing to get over his cold?

Nothing much new here.

Looking forward to being able to go out and see Mary's new home once the world is safe again.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Hi Sandra
Do you have plans made to see Mary?

Cold is better but sore in mouth still hurts.

Love mom

Sandra said...

The only plan is once we can travel I will try and go. I am betting all the flights will be booked solid once things open up.
Sandra

Shandel said...

How exciting Mary picked her home. I hope we all get to travel again soon. This summer is definitely not looking promising. Which is incredibly sad. But we will all tough it out together and come out strong.