Monday, April 27, 2020

CULTIVATING

My garden does need cultivating.
Thankful for all the work Sandra and Randy did.
I love to see the different colors.
This picture was taken on the way by the Safeway
where Spenser and I walk every morning.

It is important that we learn to cultivate a kind and warm heart that cares about the feelings of others.
Cultivating new friendships as well as the old is very important.

Dad and I needed to do something on Saturday so we drove to Ladner and while we were there bought a few groceries.  It actually was fun especially seeing some new items to try.  I am low on ideas of what to cook.

Sunday I mostly read.  I am reading "The daughter's Tale" about a Jewish family during the time of the Nazi's.  They are trying to escape but they get captured.  The mother and father are killed but the two girls find a refuge in a Catholic Church where there are other children.  I am hoping for a happy ending.

Several of our neighbors have a cleaning lady so I decided to put our names down on the list.  They came this morning and have done a good job so we will have them come once a month.  Why not?

Carol may drop by later today which would be great.

I phoned Craig but no answer.

I hope all our stories have a happy ending with new jobs for all!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

At least you have so much in your garden that the weeds do not have much of a chance.

I am reading a book called American Dirt, about someone trying to escape violence in Mexico and sneak across the border. I just got to the real exciting part and the batter died on my kindle!

Makes me think of Hamlet and what he must have gone through.

I wonder why other countries have so much violence that people will risk so much to try and escape.

That is wonderful you have picked someone to help with the cleaning. Maybe next time you will not have to get up early to clean before the cleaners come.

Sandra

beth bennett said...


Yes Sandra
I think it makes us thankful
reading about other difficult times.

Love mom



Y