Saturday, April 25, 2020

VOICES

Nature has a voice that uplifts our spirits.
It may be a beautiful flower
or the song of a bird
or the sound of the rain or the wind.

It was wonderful to hear Thema Inkster's voice again.

Spenser and I went on a different walk across 64th.  This is where I used to take a long walk.  It was so good to meet two old friends and hear their encouraging words.  They tell me I am doing well and they like my new friend.

Last evening we had a visual chat with family.  So good to hear their voices and join in laughter together.  You have to be quick to get a word in with this lively group.  They were Carol and Kim, Sandra and Rick. Theresa and dad and I.

It was fun to look forward too!

Some of our family news is a bit discouraging.  Ken is not sure when he will start work again.  Craig also is out of work at this time.

The ultimate act of bravery does not just take place on a battlefield but in your heart when you have the courage to keep going, to honor your abilities and your strengths and yes your very soul. 

Life is a challenge.  Both dad and I have to be very careful we do not fall.

"To live at all is to be vulnerable."  C.S. Lewis

"Each of us has a voice that longs to speak from the depths of our hearts and feel worthy of being heard and contributing to making the world a better place."  Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was able to work in the garden most of yesterday, even though it did rain for a bit.

Started making a dry stream. I thought I had dug enough but I noticed from the upstairs window it does not look like it, so maybe more digging next weekend.

It was great to see everyone again, it has been so long and I am getting tired of this whole isolating business. Maybe we could pick a time when Kenny could join in?

I talked to dad yesterday and you guys are now doing your own grocery shopping? While going to a small grocery store is one idea, going doing the special seniors hours may be your safest. Supposedly this is when the store is at its cleanest. Since you are Spencer do not walk first thing any more maybe it is a good time to go to Safeway instead, I think their senior hours are early.

Momma cat is OK, has not eaten me lately, kittens are getting big, active and noisy if disturbed.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes you have been busy in your garden.

Yes U guess we can do the early morning.

There was a line up to get into Safeway Sunday.

I think they are being more careful.

Love mom