Tuesday, April 7, 2020

UNEXPECTED

                                              The message of Easter is all about the unexpected.
                                                      Miracles have happened and still happen.

What an unexpected joy to receive a card from Kim full of loving words and full of hearts.  I am so happy to put them up on our window.  I hope the message comes across that we need to take heart and do our part to help all those who out helping us get the food we need and the health care we need.

Thanks Kim.

The world as we have known it will go under a big change. It is painful to watch the news especially the fact that people are not allowed to be with their loved ones.  Traudel's death was sudden but her last words to Brian was a faint "I love you."

Lent in the past was a time for seeing how spiritually empty we can become.  We struggle with unanswered questions and unanswered prayer.  We struggle with doubt and fear even when our faith is strong.  After all we are still very human and still make mistakes,

Easter is a time of renewal of hope and the awareness we are not alone.

God is with us all.

Dad had a bike ride yesterday but was surprised at how weak he felt.  Yes, he had a fall and was not hurt but shaken up and had trouble getting up again.  I think in lots of ways getting old is a humbling experience.

Later in the day we had a visited with Pat and John out on our driveway spaced well apart.  It must have looked funny.

Well Carol and Panteli have offer to buy and deliver groceries so I better make a list.

We are very thankful!

I am expecting good news!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Is there some specific good news you are expecting, or just any old thing?

Weather is warming up, that is very good news I think.

And it is a long weekend.

And I don't have to do homework!!!!

You are right, there is lots of good news.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi , I received my stand down letter yesterday .I am stood down from 15-28TH April .
I have leave I can take ( about 5 weeks avail ) so I will still get paid , but at reduced rates . Six od the seven staff in my roster group are being stood down. We now have one shift a week 1600-0000 Monday to Friday , no weekend shift penalties .

The school sent a note , the kids will be schooling from home for the foreseeable future . That will be fun . Lucky Melina is home until 01 June .

Take care .
Ken

Sandra said...

Sounds like a lot of changes for Kenny. Mary has started applying for jobs, and did get signed up for the government support as well.

Sandra

Shandel said...

Beautiful! I hope you receive my mail i sent soon.

beth bennett said...

Certainly a lot of difficult times ahead.

HANG in there.

Keep well.
be hopeful,

Love mom