Monday, April 6, 2020

Sights and Sounds of Cov-19

The park is silent and still
No children playing or dogs running around.
"In the silence we listen to ourselves'
Then we ask questions of ourselves.
we describe  ourselves to ourselves
and in the quietude 
we may even hear the voice of God."
Maya Angelou

Every day there are new signs in the windows.
"All great artists draw from the same resource.  The heart"
We are so very thankful for all who are risking their own life to care for the sick and dying.
"Perform good deeds, for that is truly the way to battle
the forces of darkness."

As Spenser and I went out for a little evening walk we heard a drum, a horn and some bells.
All saying thanks.
"One must nurture the joy in lie
so it can reach full bloom."

Easter has sunk up on me this year.  Lent is almost over.  It was a time to dig deeper into the meaning of the life and death of Jesus.

How do we find security in times of chaos and suffering?

As we approach Easter it is important to keep an attitude of thankfulness.

Faith and prayer are ways that I can connect with the energy of the spirit of Jesus.

Love never dies.  We celebrate each other.



4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Easter will come again next year.

It is good you heard some drumming and bells. Life carries on, even if more quietly.

I am not feeling particularly well. I am applying for many jobs and sometimes I stop and wonder, "what if I get the job and I'm too exhausted to actually do it?". But I'm sure I will get a little kick of adrenaline when that time comes.

I just wanted to update what was showing on my LinkedIn page, but whenever you do something like that it figures you have a new job.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I drove to Home Depot across the bridge on Sunday and it was Christmas morning traffic, very light.

Quiet at work, makes the day go by slower.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes our days are slow.

Rick I hope and pray your energy and health will return/\

Very stressful time.

Lov3 mpm

Shandel said...

❤๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸคŽ