Thursday, April 30, 2020

IMPATIENT

Impatience asks for the impossible,
wants to reach the goal
without the means or effort to get there.
I think we are all feeling impatient about staying at home and missing family and friends.

The curve is flattening and new infections are on the decline.  There still needs to be guid lines about about reopening.  It appears that the sacrifices we have made have slowed down the pandemic. 

When should we reopen?

What would you reopen first?

The Safeway Store near us has done a good job in helping people keep their distance.  We follow the arrows up and down the rows and stand apart on the big footsteps.  They clean off every buggy  that is returned to the store.  They limit the number of people who can go in.

This was not a problem at 7 in the morning.  I caught myself going the wrong way and I felt very guilty.  I saw a friend I would have loved to talk with but we did the right thing.

We are waiting for a big truck to arrive to pump out the drain the city is responsible for.  It actually came yesterday but the job was not done because the help's wife got sick.  You worry when you hear this.

"Honor the space between no longer and not yet."--  Nancy Livin

"Things come suitable to the time."  -Enid Bagnold

We have made it so far lets keep going for awhile longer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I cant wait to have them say we can travel between provinces again. It will be very strange for Shawna having a baby if the social distancing is still in place and people can not come and visit her after.
I some times go the wrong way too and just go extra fast once I notice if no one is coming the other way.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra'
I forget when is the baby due?

lovemom

Sandra said...

Early July.

beth bennett said...

Thanks