Tuesday, June 21, 2022

CONTROL


 Yes I now realize that old age is all about losing control.

I am up early to enjoy the early morning quiet.  I  take out my journal to write down my prayers.  First I write down how thankful I feel.  

We have really enjoyed watching Ben play soccer.  May be enjoyed is not the right word.  I have held my breath each time the ball is shot at him.  They tied the game last night their team is improving as they played against a very strong American team.

I write my prayers for the day on a clean page in my journal.  Putting my journal aside I get up to run to the washroom.  O no it is too late again.

Yes old age is all about losing control!  I know I am losing my hearing.  I return to pick up my new hearing ages some time today.  I did not have enough money to pay for them yesterday.

Spenser and I are both slowing down but we will take the route to the park this morning.  He is sitting at my feet and will not go downstairs until I do,  Dad is also up now and has made the bed and is now making coffee.

Every day is the same routine.  God is working in all our lives and our part is trusting and believing.  


Every day I take the time to wonder at the beauty that we see on our walk.  I am not taking pictures


 because I just want to breath in the moment and enjoy our walk.

2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

My day starts at 0630am with starting my coffee.Letting the dog out for a pee . Then ii watch the morning news show.I will wait until the kids leave home before opening the gates for Melina to park . I live very close to the school ,so at drop off time the street is very busy. Today I had to go pick Jasmine up , she was late getting up and Melina had to get to work onetime as she is training new people.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Good you are continuing to do your journal.

Love,

Rick