Friday, June 3, 2022

WORDS


I have been reading "The Islamic Jesus".

 What a difference reading words with faith and expectation. Familiar words that bring me comfort and hope and life; spiritual life. The words of faith really speak to my heart.  The Muslim faith is similar but to me the words are just words,

My final chapter is titled "What Jesus Can Teach Muslims Today".
It is written by a  Muslim and he knows in his faith Jesus will never be known as anything else than a prophet.  The book they , his friends he shared with liked best was James.  The gospel they disliked was the letters of Paul.

James suggests salvation is by faith and by works.

Christianity teaches repentance and faith open the way to salvation.

Whether we are Jews or Muslims or Christians we share a faith followed by him, or a faith built on him, or a faith that venerates him.


Dad likes the gospel of  James I like Luke and John.

Sandra and Randy are picking us uo to go to Carol; and Panteli's for supper.Ben will be there too.




Any comments anyone?

2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

It's Saturday here, Basketball day. We are scheduled to score keep today, which means me. LOL, I am getting used to my location, the Safeway is about 1.5km away and has underground parking, very easy to get to. Rocky is staying outside for longer. A few neighbours are stopping to say hi to him. Matthew and I are going to see the new Top Gun movie this weekend.

Ken

Catherine G said...

Good insights. Thank you.