Sunday, June 5, 2022

REST

                                                REST PRECEDES BLESSINGS.

We were designed in the image of God.  He calls rest Holy.  Sunday is a Holy day were we set aside time to rest.  God rested after he created the universe.  I like to keep Sunday as a day different than the rest of the week.

Yes I have found that everyday I need to rest.  I rest after I take Spenser for his walk. I was planning to go to church but I had a bad night up to the washroom a lot.

Growing up Sunday was a quiet day.  It was the only day dad did not go to work. Saturday he went for a half day.  Most Sundays we went to church.  Mom did no house work but always cooked a roast beef dinner with Yorkshire pudding.

In our home it was different because dad worked shift work.  We can choose to make any day a special day of rest.  I do not read my mystery stories but to read spiritual uplifting books.  It is a time to be renewed and strengthen by the presence of Jesus.

A time to shut out the noise of the world with all it's bad news stirring up fear and anxiety.

A time to be thankful for the good things that bless us with peace and God's grace.

It is never to late to begin a day of rest and freedom from anxiety, 

                                             
                                              

3 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

We had a nice day yesterday, Matthew and I saw top gun, which was great. Then Melina and Jasmine joined us for dinner at the local Greek restaurant. I was gone for about 6 hours and Rocky was fine when I got home. i was worried he would fret and pee all over. Today is cold with showers and strong winds...ugh
Ken

Sandra said...

No rest for us, hard at work getting the floor grouted, did more painting and lots of clean up.

Sandra

Shandel said...

Rest is very important. The balance between work and rest can be very challenging. It is Sunday June 11 and i am having my first day off, 6 days working is a lot sometimes. Always something to do too around my dads house.