Friday, June 24, 2022

RELAXED


We picked up the hearing aids.  Worn them for several days.  I find they are very noisy and that is trying.  I have turned them done a bit and will go back to her office if I am finding it too difficult.  I know I have to get used to them and I know my brain needs to adjust.

Dad and I are living a very relaxed life style.  It suits us although at times we are a bit bored.  We are both reading a lot and enjoying that.  I am having trouble making my words continue.  I stop writing because it will not let me continue.  I will have to work this out.  I am finding it very hot and so is Spenser.

I love the quiet stillness of the morning. Henry Ward Becher says "The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day."  For me it means a coffee and a pen to write in my journal.  I often write down my prayers.  I usually have one task that I want to get done.  Our frig, was full of ice and that is hard work getting all the ice removed  I started and dad finished it.

"This is the 24th Psalm in different words.

The Lord is my pace setter

He makes me stop and rest




He guides me into stillness.


3 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

I am glad you are finally getting nice weather. Its been mild here the last few days. The kids are off on school holidays for two weeks . Matt and Jasmine both had good report cards this semester. Matthew is lifting weights at home now.He is getting very strong and very pleased he is taller than his mom and I.
Ken
PS Ben's next game is Sunday !

Sandra said...

It is warm, but thank goodness it cools down at night.

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad you are continuing to write in the mornings!

Love,

Rick