Saturday, June 4, 2022

INFLUENCES

                                                   These men have had a good influence on Ben.

A happy farewell supper for Ben.  He is off on an exciting journey as a soccer goalie.

He has been awarded one of the best goalies in Canada.  He will be traveling to the Sates and beyond.

We are all very proud of him.  He has talent and has worked very hard to keep improving. In life it is important to handle success and failure equally well.  Ben has learned to do this.  Way to go Ben.!  

We have watched him over the years and it has been great fun.  Kim was his first coach to get him off on a good start.

I am trying to start the day will a positive attitude.  Down on my knees to wash the kitchen floor again.  It was very sticky.  I dropped a big pan of butter and melted marsh mellows on it.  Sandra and Randy arrived last night just after we were finished cleaning it off. It is still sticky.

We have a wonderful family.  I sit down to enjoy a cup of coffee and something up lifting to read. This really helps the day off with a smiley face and a happy heart. And prayer.  We all need prayer!

New ear aids will be getting made for me.  I am happy to be hearing better.  I find that things can still slip my mind.  I cannot remember exactly where Ben was going. Playing for the Canadian under 22 team as the number one goalie!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! I am glad Ben came for a visit. I took Monday off work to hang out with him before he leaves.

Anonymous said...

Theresa

Ken Bennett said...

Good on Ben! We are going to see the new Top Gun movie, Matthew and I, the girls may come as well. It is freezing here, winds reaching 80kph. I met the neighbours yesterday, a young family from Poland, two kids 6yrs and 9yrs. They like Rocky, they were scared at first but he is very friendly with humans.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

You should definitely not be on your knees washing the floor.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ben!! That is very exciting indeed. I hope he has a great time and experience. Really nice photo. I agree, you should have someone else clean the floors. What were you making? Rice Krispy squares???? yumm