Thursday, October 16, 2008

HEALING

Our little home group met here again last night. Every week some one has been sick with bad colds, so it is that time of year again. It is an effort for me because my pain has slowly creeped up my back to my neck; but I enjoy being with such caring people.

I think that the hardest part of sickness is loneliness. That is why I visit people in the nursing home and that is why I value my family and my church groups so much because their love supports and encourages me.

Prayer is healing and renewing because through prayer we discover "life's hidden wholeness."
This is a quote of Thomas Merton a Trappist Monk. Yes, Rick, prayer does go inward and it is more about receiving than asking God to be Santa.

"Much of life can never be explained but only witnessed" Rachael Naomi Remen, MD

Dad has written on his blog so have a good read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think prayer as revealing "life's inner holiness" is probably a good way to describe it, or to describe God.

Do they give you pain killers for the arthitis in your neck?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think prayer as revealing "life's inner holiness" is probably a good way to describe it, or to describe God.

Do they give you pain killers for the arthitis in your neck?

Love,

Rick