Sunday, October 19, 2008

SAVED BY A LOUD HONK

On Friday I was coming back from walking with my friend Janet over across the no. 10 Highway It was pouring rain and as soon as the light turned green I hurried to get across. Then I heard a horn blaring. I looked up through the rain to see a huge truck speeding through the intersection and coming right towards me. I just froze thank goodness because I am prone to be stupid and try to run across.

I have not had a life of near-misses like Larry who is more of a risk taker as well as a rescuer.

I know that my life has been full of hidden miracles that have given me a thankful heart and an awareness that some blessings come in disguise. Each one of us has to become more aware that every experience has meaning and every person we meet has come into our lives for a purpose.

Moment by moment, look for the stillness that connects to something deeper inside yourself.

No comments: