Friday, October 17, 2008

WHAT DO OUR NEIGHBORS BELIEVE?

Thse are healing stones and if you make the picture bigger you will see the angels!

This is the title of the book our book group is reading, and no one likes. There is a lot of disagreement about what the professor of Theology at Memphis writes about the Christians;
but all scripture is open to interruptation and good for discussion.
I think the book could have done a better job of comparing Judaism and Islam. I learned a lot in any event. Anyway I have three chapters to read because we have decided to finish
the book tonight.
Faith needs to be free of nationalistic pride and righteousness and seek to work for justice that reaches the poor and the powerless.
Larry had a new doctor at the Cancer Clinic and he really likes him. He got a very good report and does not have to go back for 6 months.

He was so happy he ate a big dish of pasta on the way home from the Clinic, and his stomach rebelled all night.

Will we ever learn and I say we?

Yes, I have been prescribed pain killers for the pain and I am trying to see what works best. Dad suggested aspirin as the good old standby but it does not do enough. Anyway it is back to the doctor on Monday. I am healthy and I am happy except when pain makes me grumpy. I can't fool dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth, sorry to hear you are having pain but glad to hear you were saved by the honk. Jeanne