Thursday, October 2, 2008

I CAN't BELIEVE IT IS NOT RAINING!

Night after night the weather people on the news have all predicted rain for Thrus. and Friday.
I wake up expecting to hear rain and I get up to look and it is dull but nor rain. If I take an umbrella on my walk I know it will not rain but if I don't it will probably start. Actually I do not mind getting a little wet.

Another thing I have trouble believing is when Larry tells me I did not tell him something. I'm sure I told you I say.

I can't believe I go to the store without any money. [this sounds bad but I change purses]

I am also having trouble believing some of the new findings being written about the Bible and especially about Jesus. This is suppose to make the Bible and Jesus more believable.

I know that Christianity that is practiced in our churches must go through some changes. Even deciding if you are a believer is hard for some to decide. Yet, for me I will always be drawn to the person of Jesus who lived for us! [As I was reminded by Rick, our son].

"Christpower" a poem by Lucy Newton Boswell Negus.

Look at Him!
Look not at His divinity but look at his freedom.
Look not at His esaggerated tales of His power but look at his infinite capacity to give Himself away.
Look not a first century mythology that surrounds Him, but look rather
at His courage to be
His ability to live
His Contagious quality quality of His love.

Be still and know that this is God:
this love,
this freedom
this life
this being.

And when you are accepted, accept yourself; when you are forgiven forgive yourself,
when you are loved, love yourself!"

Dare to believe in what the Spirit is revealing to you, which at times makes you uncomfortable,
and challenges your faith. We are surrounded by Love that we can not see but we can experience it!

Comments please.

No comments: