Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ACCOMPISHMENTS

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT - GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL - LIKE TAVIA
ON STRONG - (BUT MAYBE A LITTLE WOBBLY) LITTLE LEGS

TAKING FIRST STEPS - WITH A LITTLE SUPPORT!


LIKE CLEANING UP THE GARDEN



It seems like a good day when you accomplish even a few tasks.

A hockey stick and skating with friends enables Larry to skate around passing the puck with only one fall. He managed to get up himself. It was a short time but he did it.

I phoned the Women's Hospital to check on my appointment to find no appointment had been made. I now have one for June 1. I am learning how to cope better and realize that certain things make me worse.

I read in my "Coyote Medicine Book";

1. The patient must do 70% of the work of getting well.

2.The native healer does 10%

3.The Creator does 20%

I am reminded that I need to learn all I can and seek help from people that I believe really care and want to help me. Healing can be an experimental process. Spiritual energy can be experienced in nature and in prayer and worship. An important part of Native healing is the ceremony that encompasses compassion as well as fire and smoke and herbs. In curing a wife of depression both partners are encouraged to speak words of love and praise to each other.

So much of who we think we are is wrapped up in what we can do; which is important. Even more important is realizing how much we need each other. We all know how sad it is to be away from those you love and who love you. We know that we carry that love within us at all times.

Jesus tried to teach us that religion was to be experienced in the heart and soul and the external observances were not what was important. No one has more authority over us because we are all equal. All interpretations have some bais and words of scripture have been used to prove their point. I can look back and see how my beliefs are changing. My picture of Jesus will always see his eyes as full of compassion as well as wisdom and mystery.

"the ragged figure who moves from tree to tree in the back of ones mind" - Flannery O'Connor.

We had a good visit with Carol as she was waiting for Pentali to pick her up. Randy now has the cold and we can all feel sorry for him. It is a miserable sore throat runny nose and cough.

I hope little black cat comes home. I was going to phone Sandra last night but thought maybe it was too late. It was 8:30 but you never know.

I am going visiting today because Theresa Ben and Morgan may come over on Thrus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was in bed by 8:00 last night, I am sad and missing my little black kitty, and Randy did not come home as he had to short shift. So it was me and Lucy and Peanut and Missy all up in my room, with the windows open just in case I heard a meow in the night. (Spooky did not RRVP to the sleep over invitation and was left out in the hall)
Good to hear dad did not fall too often, and did he stay out of the corners, and not get into any fights?
Is your back any better at all, more not so bad days?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your kitty. I guess Randy must be a bit better.

I think you start learning to live with the discomfort but it does get worse as the day goes on. I now admitt that lifting may make it worse. I try to take just one pain pill in the middle of the day and I find resting really does help. visiting at the Nursing Home was very tiring and I crawled into bed very grateful to be home. So I may try some other therapy and I feel the yoga helps. I am very thankful I have no pain at night or in the morning.

We just got an invitation to a grad. tea for Tavis. She is off to Univercity next. Love mom