Sunday, March 8, 2009

WAITING Hi Melina

LUNCH AT THE WHARF IN LADNER
STARTING OUT TO LOOK AT THE SHOW HOME


It is a cold frosty morning and I have been up for over an hour but Ken and Dad are still sleeping. Panteli just phoned to make sure we changed our clocks ahead an hour.

We had an excellent turkey supper at Sandra and Randy's yesterday. It was delicious and they went to a lot of work and effort. We celebrated Mikie's birthday and Carol's and actually had two cakes and lots of candles. We missed Chris and Leah and Tasha, and they missed a fun evening.

Today dad and I and Ken will be off to church. While we are gone the Shanon girls' have offered to come over and do some cleaning for us. This is a first and will be a treat for me.

After church Ken is going with Sandra and Randy to White Rock to see the Show Home. Then later Carol and Panteli will be going to a movie with him.

I hope Ken's sore throat is better and Rick's nasty cold. I am feeling better this morning with no back pain. I am very thankful after two days when it was increased. Anyway I know that getting on is giving even my children some new aches and pains.

I like the quiet mornings and time with Jesus. The mystery of his presence comes to turn the ordinary into a spiritual reality. He challenges the self-righteous, the rich and the legalistic that have turned the gospel into an elite separation of those ritually pure from the down-cast, the sick at heart and soul, the poor and needy.

Jesus waits for us to invite him to stir up within us new awareness of our own soul's neediness and compassion for others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for pictures of the new snow, or are you guys not getting it at your house?
Oh, and how did the girls do?
I have the sore throat now too, does Kenny as well?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

yes it snowed all night I think - it is still snowing - mom and kenny are out walking - the girls were still at our house waiting for us - I cant see much difference - I think kenny still has only the sore throat - I am fin if you are interested
grampa