Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FOR BETTER OR WORSE

I start to feel better and I am so happy but then the sharp pain returns with all its might. I had another bad night but I am counting the days until I will be all better and back to normal.
Which as normal as I can be. Right now I am going to put ice on my head and try to pray and to read. I do not know if it is okay to put ice on but it helps. Maybe warm is better I wish I knew.
I will go back to the doctor when the pills run out.

Definition of shingles: a disease causing inflamation along a nerve.

Ken I am sorry your cold got so miserable I thought you should have been on something here.
Matthew looks adorable as usual.

Anyway we are looking forward to Randy and Sandra trying out a new receipe on us this evenning, Whatever it is it will be good! Carol and Panteli dropped in on us as did my good friend Jane.

Kim made us lunch yesterday and we really enjoyed it.

Encouraging words from Chris and Tasha helped a lot. Also got an e-mail from Ranu. Theresa called last night as did Ken and Rick!


I find myself turning to the comfort of prayer and the wisdom of scripture to speak to me this morning. Conversion becomes the process of being aware that somehow God is at work even in the cells of my body. I feel like this pain of the shingles is playing tricks on me. Last night it was in my ear while this morning it is the top of my head.

One day I will look back and laugh. But right now I feel that it is these miserable sharp twinges that are laughing at me!

As I turn my thoughts to prayer I see this very, very tiny person at the feet of Jesus. So tiny all I see is his toes in his sandles. I hear him calling all the children to come and sit on his knee. I am too small and too weak. So I wait. This is when the ptayers of others are so important; so much so that they can lift us up! !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much longer Mom .You should be better soon . The Dr gave me a puffer yesterday.

Ken

Anonymous said...

Well, your bad picture is not here, hope you had a better night last night, I slept in this morning with all of the partying!
Sandra