Monday, March 2, 2009

YOGA

Yoga has become very popular but I do not really think too much about an exercise that is grounded in Sanskit writing and Eastern spirituality. There are many forms of yoga even one called Torah Yoga that combines Judaism and Hebrew chants with yoga postures. Ms Katz sees this as a way to connect more deeply with her faith.

There is also a book called An Invitation to Christian Yoga by Rev. Nancy Roth which combines postures with scripture. It is called a form of body prayer. Anyway I will see if they have it at the library; but basically I think it helps just to do the motions.

I do not see yoga as a spiritual experience when I am aware of the presence of Jesus. I have an expectation of his presence when I pray or take communion.

Leah called when we were at Sandra's having supper with Mary and Michael John. I think she was confused with Carol's birthday and Sandra's dinner next Sat. She is hope full about getting a job soon. Our e-mails can be confusing.

I am getting a bit of a sore throat which is annoying. Ken, make sure you take your vitamins and bring warm clothes. Very windy today dad just said they are cancelling ferry sailings. It is raining and hailing.

I have just broken my tooth and I am miserable. Hoping to see dentist today.


Melina Sandra would like your chicken snizzle receipe please

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Leah still confused or did you get it all straigtened out?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I told Leah that her dad would be here on Wed. as would Uncle Kenny and we are getting together at your house on Sat. I am sure her dad will be in touch.

Carol never changed her plans but there was some confusion about Sat. or Sun. with you and was it Kim?

Anonymous said...

You did not say chicken SNITZLE recipe, it is important to get the snittlze in there.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

It is an old Italian family secret from Sicily . I will try and convince her to part with it .
Ken

Anonymous said...

well if it is a FAMILY recipe that is OK, cause we are all family now! : )