Tuesday, March 17, 2009

DOING WHAT HE LOVES

7AM - GRAMPA LEAVING FOR THE RINK - HOPING FOR THE BEST - HE DID MUCH BETTER THAN PUBLIC SKATING - ONLY FELL ONCE NEEDED A LITTLE HELP GETTING UP - HAVING THE PADS ON AND THE HOCKEY STICK TO KEEP HIM BALANCED (SOMEWHAT) MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE
GRAMPA GETTING READY THE NIGHT BEFORE


It is an early start for dad as he has a quick breakfast, puts together the hockey bag. "Boy, it sure has gotten heavier". Then it is off to the hockey rink and to see if he can do better than his first try back skating. He is meeting our friend John who will be his guardian angel!

Well, we are told to face our fears amd just get on with life. I think this is what real courage is about. Keep on keeping on.

Rick will be starting a new job living in a new place and meeting new people. Carol also is planning to move up north to try a new carrier. Soon Mary and Michael John will be married and moving away. Sandra cooks turkey dinners in March and Ken, starting a new family, flies all this way from Melbourne to have a visit with us. We sure hope Sandra and Randy do not move far away because they continually do things for us both.

Our family keeps our lives interesting and we enjoy keeping in touch as best we can.

We have found some video's about a female detective who teams up with a professor who finds clues to the mystery in cross-ward puzzles. His name is Oliver and he likes Beethoven, jazz and puzzles of all kinds. I am finding Rebus too "real". I do not know if that is the right word.

But people who do crossword puzzles are always loveable! Right Sandra?

This afternoon we have coffee with friends who are going through treatment like your dad did.
They will have much in commom.

Of course I felt like I could have slept in this morning; wouldn't you know. But now it is off for a walk and back doing my yoga. I am doing what I love too!

It is good to know that we have good friends praying for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, everyone else seems to be doing a lot more then me. Randy is sick with the cold now, and little black kitty has been missing for a day. Did you call Mary? Did dad get home safe and sound from hockey?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, dad is home.

No I am waiting to hear from Mary.

Dad and I are going out now for coffee.

I have an appointment with the Women's Health Center on June 1.

It is not about who does the most but it is all the little things you do, like getting dad a steamer etc. but I did not go into it all.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Well done Dad . Hope you went ok.
Ken