Friday, November 9, 2018

FAREWELL

  
The family gathered at Carol and Panteli's home for a final farewell supper for Tyler and Aslinn.
We have enjoyed this visit with these two very interesting young people.  It was fun to hear about all he places they have visited and there future plans to visit New Zealand.

Lots of great stories from them and from grandpa our story teller.

Both Carol and Sandra have taken on family hospitality with great enthusiasm and efficiency.
We sure appreciate this.

For me this week has been interesting.

A good meeting at church with the Golden Oldies.  There is still lots of life let in get togetherness.

Yesterday I spent time visiting Joan in the Seniors Home.  She was feeling very unhappy wondering why still is still alive and what meaning does her life have.

Beneath the surface of each one of our lives is an ache that we try to bury but it can return at any time.

Life is better if we can keep busy.

My faith comforts me when I feel an ache in my soul.

Prayers are not always answered but I know I have been heard.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

That was nice to be able to see them one last time. Did you and dad stay until they left for the airport?
The egg man has not been in to work for a week or two now, I think he has been extra busy at his other job.
I am looking forward to getting all my homework done so I have Monday off and getting to relax..
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra

We stayed until they were getting ready to leave for the airport.

You and Carol looked so nice I should have taken your pictu

We have missed the eggs but knew there was a reason.

Hope you are able to enjoy Monday.

Love mom