Wednesday, November 28, 2018

JOY

                          The days are short and the darkness comes so quickly in the evening.
                              I am reminded to look for moments of joy in my day.

                             The mornings are welcomed with a prayer of thankfulness.

Today was are day at the church for our Jet Lag Bible study.  We were also wrapping up little gift bags.  We also collect food for the food bank as part of our living out what we believe, which is helping others.  There is a very strong bond of friendship that has developed over the years.  At this point of time life is a challenge for many of us but we always find things to laugh about.

Staying close to what is important.

Dad had a quiet day at home recovering from his falls on the bike but also it was raining.  I was happy he volunteered to go to the store when I got home.  We agree it is very important for us to go out every day.

Sharing my knowledge with my friends is very special as we continue to learn together.

I feel I am qualified to be a spiritual journalist for many reasons.  I read a lot of different books that continue to help me think and plan my life.

I have been very active in my church taking on leadership roles from Sunday school teacher to the head of the department.  Then I was president of U.C.W. and chairperson of council.  You learn a lot about people when you have to work together, sharing goals and ideas.

You learn to forgive.

I even started a Bible study friendship group in our old neighborhood.  It was through this that Thelma Inkster and I became best friends.

Friendship means a lot to me.

I also took a course to be a lay-chaplain and started visiting at the hospital one day a week.  It took courage for me to visit a lot of lonely and sad people they brought joy and meaning into my life as we would talk and share together.

I have been a good neighbor visiting the elderly people on my street.  Now dad and I are the oldies now.

Dad and I have delivered food to those in need and also worked in soup kitchens down town.

My life has been richer for me because of the spiritual that gives life meaning and joy  to myself and to others.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Those look like very bright little lights.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Oh dear that was not finished.

Yes they are bright little lights.

Love mom