Friday, November 16, 2018

SOMETIMES

                                         Sometimes things turn out all right in the end but. . . .
I felt like I was getting a cold and did not feel like going for my walk.  Then the sun shone through the clouds and shone on the mountains white with snow.  It was very beautiful.

Dad had a bit of a stomach problem so I suggested we cancel our hear aid appointment at Costco.  We decided to go anyway and fortunately he felt better.


We were able to get a parking spot right near the door.  Another car seemed to be heading for it and we sure were not going to let them have it.  The parking there is a real nightmare and sometimes you get lucky and find the right spot.

I had walked over to the Safeway to buy something to clean wood floors and bought the wrong stuff and left my wallet in my jacket pocket.

We were early so I waited in a long line to buy some GF bread I really like and it is also cheaper.
I went to pay and did not have any money.  My wallet was not in my purse.  I went to get dad to pay and came back and someone had put my bread back on the shell anyway it was not there.  The cashier helper went to the fair end of the store to get me some more.  That was very kind of her.

My one hearing aid was not working and the man told me I was trying to fix it with the wrong little
screws.  He went to get me some right ones but now I am home and have mixed them up.

For now they are both working.

This experience of hearing loss is driving me crazy.  We stopped at Milestones and I ordered a drink.  Dad was very surprised and thought it was funny.

I feel that learning to hear better will make me a better listener.

I started out my morning saying to myself I was going to be thankful because I really do have a lot to be thankful for.  I think the devil, the same one who interfered with Job's life, laughed and said he could test me.

To-morrow is another day.

To-night I am thankful to be home and to have a loving husband!

I am thankful to have a home!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I dont know how you and dad make every simple outing into such an adventure! Randy and I go to the store, buy things and come home.

It is sooooo lovely to still have that sun shining. I was able to sit outside and eat my lunch yesterday before heading back inside to slog away at my school work.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra
The sun is wonderful.
I did not think of it as an adventure.
dad is planning a bike ride
Imay go visiting.
if I can get up the energy.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Hot one here today. We are expecting a big storm tomorrow night. I worked Sunday ,overtime again. I by Friday it will be working twelve out of thritheen days. The kids are on the home sttreach,4weeks left of school. I am on late shifts al this week. The Canucks are still trying hard , but need some lucky bounces I think. Good to see Peterson score again.
Ken