Sunday, November 11, 2018

TIME

Time to remember those who gave their lives for our freedom.

Time to be thankful for our country.

I woke up feeling sad and concerned about doing the right thing.  Dad's stomach was bothering him again which is very discouraging for him as well as for me.  I thought I would be going to church alone when Sandra appeared at the door to accompany me.  

This certainly raised my spirits.  It was a very meaningful service but Sandra did not know any of the hymns which was disappointing.  It will be our last remembrance day service as we will be closing next October.  We are undecided about what to do when the time comes.

Time to accept that life is changing and I will have to find a new church home.

Time to believe and trust that the spirit will guide us into our future.

Time to shut the door of my mind on doubts and insecurities.

Time for a visit with Kim, Morgan, Carol and Panteli.  They just had time for a short visit before going to another movie.  What a happy group!

Time to look forward to a new day with time to enjoy life and love and fresh air and short walks.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Hi Beth! I am trying to catch up on your blogs. Life has been crazy busy for me, but very happy as well. Each day brings blessings that I am so grateful for.

I am sorry to hear that Larry is still suffering from an upset tummy. I hope that the doctors can do something to help.

How nice of Sandra to go to the Remembrance Day service with you. children are such a blessing aren't they? They bring us Grandchildren as well as Great Grandchildren too. More happiness.
We are so fortunate to have them. I have friends who are childless, some because they chose that and now that they are old they are so alone.

I have been spending a lot of time with Ken, my friend. We go for long walks in his forest and do Tai chi together. He is my Tai Chi teacher so I am very fortunate to have him teach me as well as in the classes he teaches. We listen to a lot of music together, both of us are classical musicians and that is such a wonderful common interest. He played with the Winnipeg Symphony for 40 years as principal horn and has a love of music.

It is cold here with a brisk wind chill. -18 with the wind. I didn't stay outside too long when I was doing the daily chores.
My son, Bob is still staying with me, but he will soon move to his girlfriends house in Selkirk. I will be selling my house in the spring. it is too large for me and the upkeep is a lot of work for one. I will miss it after 42 years here, but it is time to leave the old memories behind and start on my new life. I will take very little with me, just the things that are very dear to me. Sell the rest. It will be a lot of work, but in the end I will be happy.

My little dog, max is really not doing well with his diabetes and i may have to take him in to the vet. He has been covered with sores, a bacterial infection of the skin which are open and beal..that is run. We tried antibiotics but they haven't cleared it. It is because he has diabetes and he is so very thin. I give him insulin shots every 12 hours. But it looks as though I will have to say goodbye and that is very hard. I have his sister, Bella and she is very healthy at age 11 so she may live a few more years. She will miss Max a lot as they have been together since birth. It is difficult to come to the decision but I have been thinking about it for quite a while after talking to the vet. She doesn't want him to suffer.

I made a special birthday dinner for Ken. His favourite meatloaf and bread rolls in the bread machine. Fruit salad for dessert. He is 69. His birthday is actually tomorrow but there is Tai Chi in the evening and he has to eat a small dinner. I will make him pumpkin pie for dessert tomorrow...his favourite.

I am glad to see that the family are keeping you busy with parties and get togethers...I wish you and Larry well.

Love to all
Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Lovely that Sandra went to church with you.