Thursday, November 29, 2018

THE PATH

        Dona is always the first one to put her Christmas decorations out.
I am happy to see her do it again this year.

Dad had a busy day to day, blowing out dirt and leaves from the garage.  It was a sunny day so a good day for a bike ride.I have been on this path since I was very young. Over the years there have been many experiences some that have knocked me down while others have lifted me up.  Each experience has shaped and changed me.

Today the road got a little bumpy which I did not expect at this time of my life.
I say stupid things with out thinking.
We can all be vulnerable at any age1

Cathy G. phone and invited
us over to see their new home in Langley.

Ken phoned but he does not know about the house he put an offer on.  It needs some fixing up which makes it affordable.  Big Christmas party at work this week-end.  Ken took the day off.

We all carry on especially when you know you are on the right path!

"If we had power over the ends of the earth
it would not give us that fulfillment of existence
which a quiet devoted relationship to a nearby life can give us,"
Martin Buber

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I wonder if what you said was noticed as much as you felt?

It was a long day for me waiting to pick up our new old cat Julia. Apperently there has been a couple of bad days at the shelter but everyone was happy to know Julia was going to get a chance to live somewhere. It must be so hard to deal with all the sadness and cruelty they must see.

Julia was in her room all night but I have let her out to wander this morning. She is very arthritic so moves very slowly.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

It is very easy to say stupid things, one never knows just how, or why,
a small comment may affect the heart of a loved one.

me