Sunday, November 25, 2018

MILESTONE


                                           I have written and published 4,310 blogs
                                              I guess that is a milestone.
                                        I guess I will try for 5,000!  Are you ready?

I had an early morning walk in the cold early morning mist.  There was no sign of any dog walkers.  The only person I met was an old East Indian lady covered from head to toe.  We waved at each other recognizing another brave soul.

Dad and I did get to church even though we were a few minutes late.  The message was about Jesus, the word, becoming flesh.  His life a miracle that lights up our world with the magic of hope and faith  that lives on in each one of us today.

I came home and had a short rest then we returned to the church for a funeral service.  It was in memory of Micki Coulter.  They lived at the top of our street.  We knew Gwen and her brother.  We met a lot of people who used to come to our church wen they came as a family.  I kept a prayer that dad prayed for her dad when he passed away.

We met Annie Coulter I believe the mother of Ross Coulter, one of Rick's good friends.  Rick,s first grade teacher came and introduced her self to us.  She remembered Rick as being very likeable and very nice looking!

I did some study of Abraham, who lied about his wife being his sister and she was taken into the king's haram.  God protected her by warning him in a dream not to touch her. 

We get into trouble when we try to fix things in our way not listening to what God can do.

Talked to Mary on the phone, always good to hear her voice.

"May you O Lord bring hope to the hopeless
comfort the grieving
set the captives free.

May your presence go with us as we experience the promises of strength and courage."





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was very interesting meeting so many people we havent seen for so many years.

To talk to Gwen's husband Larry Wick, who I played hockey against for about ten years.He was a very good player - I believe he went to the father Baur's school in Saskatchewan.The music was very nice.

me

beth bennett said...

Well I wonder who me is?

Sandra said...

I think you guys could talk to each other rather leaving messages!