Sunday, November 18, 2018

MISGIVINGS

                    A  cold Sunday morning.  I am up early as usual but decided not to attend church.

I find that my energy is quickly used up and I planned to go visiting at the Seniors Home.  My goal is to try to visit once a week but the week seems to go by so quickly and I have not fulfilled this goal.
Sadly this happened again today.

I have been writing out my thoughts about the United Church.  This is where my journey started as a child but now I am finding the changes a little bit more than I am comfortable with.  The Sun has the article about a high profile atheist could remain as a United Church minister.

She basically demanded her right to believe and proclaim the superiority of atheism over the belief in God.  Her name is Grette Vosper.

So what this means is that the United Church lacks clarity and integrity.
I know many people who do not attend church and are very against religion in any form but still they believe in God, in some form or another.

I was brought up with traditional values and the integrity of church built on scripture.

Yes I believe that God's love includes us all but Douglas Todd states we may become so  focused on pleasing others we are in danger of losing our soul!

Dad had his bike ride and I had a walk and got busy cleaning up and decluttering for a pick up in the morning.  Dad even got into the spirit of it.  I do a little and then I rest.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, I thought maybe you had gone out to Carols since did not pick up when I called. The day flew by yesterday and mine and Randys plan to clean the garage never happened. He got a call that he had to go to work so we had a walk and a quick supper so he could be in bed by 6. I just piddled away at my home work. Not having a teacher has kind of taken away some of the fun.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Hi Sandra
I thought about phoning but do not like to bother you if you are studying.

Thanks for your update.

Love mom