Wednesday, January 4, 2023

A VISIT


                                                   Dad and I were delighted to have a visit rom Ben.

                                                   I had a great time looking after him for a week when he was tiny

                                                   We have a wonderful family.

                                                     We had a phone call from Kim too.

                                                      Wished Ken  a Happy birthday,

                                                 We appreciate his reminders that the hockey is on  .                         

                                                  A exciting game between Canada and U,S,  We won!

                                                  Sandra has a new place for us to look at on Sat,


Scripture reminds us God guides us on familar and unfamilar paths,

"I will brighten the darkness before them."  Isaiah 42:`6   

I wish I could get more done in a day but the important things do get done.  

Sometimes I say the wrong words and I need forgiveness,

"His light can shine into our hearts and heal us."  Rumi             

Some relationships are easy while others take work.

I can learn from them all.

4 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

I hope you guys stayed up to watch the end of The Canada game.In overtime Canada won. Yes we went for a big walk today ,Melina and I, one really big hill and some little hills.Took us over an hour to complete the circuit .Melina was feeling numb in her legs so we stopped for a couple of breaks. I spoke with Brittany , she and Cade will come down midweek for a visit.Brit wants to take me out for a birthday dinner. Jasmines birthday is on the 11th of jan the day we arrive at the Gold Coast , so she is planning a dinner . Maybe the HardRock Cafe?? We will see. 5days until we leave.

Sandra said...

So great that you can still have surprises to brighten your day. In my busy time at work now for the next 5 weeks or so, always glad to see the end of February. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I don't think you often speak angry words, Mom. Quite the opposite. You are often smoothing things over. :)

I wonder what Jesus said to the people around him. Maybe something like - "You know it is coming, the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth is almost here! It will be wonderful! And we have to live, now, as if it were already here - what could be better than that!" I think that he said a variation of that many times. Like his role-model, John-the-Baptist.

So Kenny is 61.

Beth from Ohio didn't recognize the snapshot with Ian, and Ciss ... etc. So even more of a mystery. Maybe it was from friends of Dad's Mom, writing to her from Scotland? She would have been about 35 in 1950.

I went to UBC today to the law library for the aboriginal title research project. That was tiring but worthwhile. Got my UBC alumni library card working. Lots of driving. Very tiring. I think I will do it once a month or so, probably on a Saturday.

We had a nice dinner with Ben at the restaurant next to Mario's last night. He got off to airport for his early morning flight today quite nicely. Panteli did the early morning driving, which was nice of him.

So all seems in order.

Love,

Rick





Anonymous said...

What a handsome young man Ben is! Which team us he playing with now? So nice you had a good visit.
How is Larry’s nose doing after the surgery? The nose heals so slowly. My scar isn’t too noticeable. But the skin graft was about an inch, quite large.
The first biopsy was negative when the doctor erred in doing it right. Thus the cancer spread before I saw the plastic surgeon. I hope Larry is doing well.
How are you doing Beth ? It is good to hear you are getting out for walks with Spenser.
Our Wheaton Terrier rescue is such a lovely girl. She no longer is scared, but it took her 6 months. She suffered so much before we got her. She is very sweet. Likes to wrestle me and she can knock me over when I sit on the floor.
It brings us joy to see her learning what love is! She will be 9 soon. Beautiful dog.
wishing you and Larry a good day looking at a new place. Keep us updated! Love to you both, Nancy