Monday, February 8, 2010

LET THE WATER DRIP OFF

Life is full of adversity and challenges that we have the choice how to deal with.
Be flexible. "Get rid of the "if only's" and get on with whatever you need to do to get things right." These words are from our book 100 Things To Always Remember and One Thing Never to Forget." Every little page has a simple truth that we have all heard before and yet there comes a time when we need to take the truth and make it a reality in our own lives.
Usually when the knock on our door comes on a Sat. morning I happily listen to their message of the truth but last Sat. I found their words annoying. One good thing was that I needed to be reminded of what did Jesus actually say. They can quote the Bible because they come armed with a prepared script. I only think of things to say after they leave and I decide to laugh about it. We will never agree on what is the truth and who has it but I can listen and smile and send them on their way. "And don't ever forget how special I am" and I can profit from every experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you must be doing something right (or wrong?) to have them come back all the time. They only come to my door once, then never again! I guess I must have learned what I needed to on the first visit.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

We don't often get "Religious" callers anymore ,but when we do l tell them l belong to the United Church and that l admire them for what they do for their beliefs and l do .lt is not an easy thing to do , to knock on the door of strangers and talk about religion.l respect their integrity and keep my own, and we all go happily on our way. Great that you can overcome annoyance with your own strong see of identity and humour. love Jane.