Tuesday, February 16, 2010

THE ROAD TO HEALTH

This is a small path beside the road where all the cars wheez by. Dad and I are both slowing down but we have daily choices to try and keep ourselves healthy. I made an appointment with the doctor after Larry finally made his appointment, for his stomach acid reflux, which has gotten much worse. He must eat about 4 or 4:30 a light supper.

I have been having headaches and a nasty cough when I come home from my walks. I have a mild form of asthma that should clear up with the inhaler. I now have to learn how to do it right. I was able to renew the pills that Larry has been taking for his stomach as I got into the doctor within an hour of my phone call. I was very given them to help with nausea and digestion and then Larry's doctor also gave hom some.

Any helps for this reflux problem? We are open to suggestion.

The doctor put me on the scale right away and I am to eat an egg for breakfast and lots of nuts and ice cream. Our bodies seem to have a mind of their own just when I feel like I am getting fat I am not and when I feel skinny I am putting on weight. lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to put on weight, just eat a lot of chocolate chip cookies. It always works for me, whether I want it to or not! (although ice cream and nuts are probably better for you, I'm sure).

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Take the Pariet tablets, take them early,never at night, should be better in two days. Dont eat salty and fatty foods.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Asma? Why do you get that at this age?
Make a protein shake with the egg and icecream, that will add more weight.
Sandra