Sunday, February 21, 2010

STRANGE


Life is strange in many ways. Sometimes the alarm clock keeps ringing in the middle of the night even when it is unplugged. We are having a usually warm spring and the flowers are coming out in bud. I am having trouble recognizing the weeds though. Lady bugs love my garden and I have to protect them from Sandra who wants to kidnap them away. Strange her garden does not have many. I finally took off my long underwear yesterday because I feel the cold as some one at church said "O you skinny people you are always cold!" The Vancouver games are starting to get better reviews after all the negative. The city is beautiful and alive with happy cheering people. Even Panteli has put an Olympic decoration on his house and is daring the mean Olympic police to come and make him take it down. There are lots of famous singers and musicians coming to Vancouver but a young local B.C. drumming band is getting rave reviews. Personally I think they should be in the closing ceremonies. I have a passionate love of drums and the big base and guitars and violins take second place.

Strange the meeting at church that I thought would be a meeting to end all meetings is just a beginning for a group of people to plan more meetings. In our small group we were all over the page in our discussions. Spirituality got changed into needing to be more social and how do we attract new people. Bring a neighbor was suggested; I suggested if you want a more friendly place be friendly. I would change a lot about our services if I was to invite anyone; even my family I take to a more alive church. Anyway I guess I have to admit that I am the strange one, I listen for a word that inspires me and gives me hope. I always hear something that I try to keep alive in my spirit all week. I enjoy seeing my friends but this for me is not about being a social club. The music is important and music has a magic to transform the listener and stir up hidden emotions.
Bring your own sense of the sacred and the sacred will be there to meet you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that we need to get some of the aliveness that we have at our social and fund raising events into the main event. Our worship service. Jane

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree!