Thursday, February 18, 2010

MYSTICAL PRAYER


I am trying to concentrate early in the morning, no concentrate is not the right word, but to be open a deeper experience of prayer. This is when my mind has not started to wrestle with what needs to be done and my feelings are floating free because it is a new day. This is the moment when God can capture my thoughts and as I pray for others I feel the love flowing through me outward.

I know that at times I feel aware that someone is praying for me and it is like a gentle butterfly resting on a flower there is a sense of peace and rest. It is hard to put spiritual thoughts into words so having a picture in my mind helps. I feel the freedom to simple be me. I am not the past nor am I the future. I am where I am meant to be in the moment.

I do not know how prayer works; working again is not the right word, but it is a living and loving committment to reach beyond the ordinary into the mystical. I am going to spend time each day in prayer more aware of the sacred. I will be reading prayers that others have said and written and in reading I will be praying along. I will let the silence of the morning speak to me.

No comments: