Monday, February 1, 2010

CHILDHOOD

The joy of children.

How has are childhood shaped us? When did we start to wonder just who am I and how can I be true to the real inner me. My brother has always been so very different than me and we are now in a very different place in our faith. We are strong believers and I know without a doubt he lives by what he believes. I am trying to do the same.

Like the child in the picture I believe that one day very early in life I put out my hand and into it came the gift of faith. I believe in a faith where it is acceptable;e to colour outside the lines as was mentioned in church yesterday. I am learning to understand why others cannot believe and that it can sometimes be a moment of crisis in their lives that sucked the very faith out of them.
Yes, there is spiritual abuse, church abuse, religious abuse, leadership in every walk of life that tries to program us and shape us. Life is full of imperfection and lost dreams but somewhere along the road of maturity we have to find a way to solve our problems and to learn from our mistakes.

Where do you go to find joy? Where do you go to find comfort? Faith should not be built on fear of either punishment or promises of rewards. Faith does not have to be logical but it has brought beauty into the harsh reality of facts and even fiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find comfort and joy in my garden. Not on my weight scale, I gained 2 lbs on this diet!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Nobody else can see it.

I am impressed that you can keep doing it and I am sure it will do you good in the end. love mom