Sunday, January 31, 2010

THE GATHERING.

A family gathering on the way to Ladner on a sunny but cold day!
Dad and I left all the dead relatives at home that through his study of genealogy he has been discovering. We picked up Sandra, after a second start because I could not remember if I had turned the stove off under the hard boiling eggs. The day for me continued to be difficult as I tried to remember what I was talking about. Very frustrating for me but something I may have to live with. Anyway, we drove to Chilliwack to meet Carol and Panteli who had been skiing at Manning park [I had a pause there to try and think of the name} and then at Harrison. They were already at the bookstore when we arrived there. We have not been there for a long time but I am guilty of buying too many books but half price would be good.

Morgan was happily putting out paper plates for us on the coffee table and Ben right away wanted to show grandpa his new book. Theresa was busy making a delicious lunch which can be hard with all our different diets. Sandra is on a liver cleanse with Randy and needs to pick up more protein drink today.

We were able to finally connect with Ken and Melina on the computer screen and see big brother chasing after Matthew and Jasmine happy and content on her mommy's knee. Morgan had great fun seeing herself and asking Matthew questions; so poor Ben did not really get much of a go. The rest of us wanting to see but not to be seen so it was a little bit of reality T.V.
We are a happy group and enjoy getting together which is a real blessing. We came home and dad was disappointed no tennis but the hockey was on so that was good. Brian, my brother phoned, to catch up on our news and he is always willing to say a prayer so I asked prayer for Leah who is still in recovery from her accident. Rick will be here on Wed. so we can catch up on his news. We talk about getting together with Chris but so far that is not happening.
I am taking C out for lunch today to hear how things are going with Ava and the new baby and all her family. I think it will do her good just to get away for awhile. So off to church to catch up on our church family news.
All that we experience everyday imprints our souls with the positive and the negative but I will always be grateful for our family; how different we all are yet how similar!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was nice to catch up on Skype .
ken