Friday, January 1, 2010

SCIENCE FICTION

"Science fiction is important to scientists interested in transendent themes such as design and purpose of the cosmos and the future of humanity . . . the universe that science stripped of the supernatural is being resupplied with dieties and redemptive purposes by science fiction writers and movie makers." - James Herrick

Myths seem to be apart of our ntural story telling!
Why is science fiction so appealing? Why does it present us with the idea that we are not alone in the universe?
Actually I feel a little spaced out with all the Christmas activity. I do not know when our garbage is being picked up and I do not know what day it is. It sure does not feel like Friday night. Fortunately we have one neighbor who knows the right day to put out our garbage. We have not sorted out our recyclibles so that will have to wait for next week.
Now, I just have to hunt and find our calenders for this year. Reading the nespaper and listening to the news makes this world seem like an unsafe place; and yet personnally I have experienced a lot of goodness.
Goodness is for me another name for God. We cannot have peace in our hearts without the sense of goodness and kindness. We can convince ourselves he is just a myth but I have to hold on to the presence of goodness in this confusing world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto , cept it doesnot feel like Saturday night
here it feels more like Monday.
Ken

Anonymous said...

I have to take my garbage to a transfer station now, so garbage day is whenever I decide to go.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes, another thing for me to be thankful for. love mom