Friday, January 22, 2010

A PRAIRIE GIRL

The years seem to fly by.
I love the majestic beauty of the mountains but I am quite happy to be on the ground looking up.




At heart I am really just a praire girl. The simpicity of the earth and sky has a beauty all it's own. Others may feel it is boring but eyes that can discover beauty in the simple things of life will find their soul responding to the vastness of space, depths of emptiness and quiet beauty of looking far away beyond yourself. I think there seemed to be a greater connection to the land and how vulnerable we where to weather changes. Just enough rain for the crops to begin growing and then the sunny days so important to the harvesting of the wheat. The message of the changing seasons was always reminding me that we were only mortal after all and many things would be out of our control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have to live on the prairies to really understand the beauty of the sky...and snow. I am glad I had my years out there, but am very happy that on a January morning I can be planning on going out and puttering in my garden.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Joni Mitchell was born in saskatoon?

I am also thankful we have four seasons. Maybe it is my ADD...afterall I change my furniture around at least 10 times a year.

Theresa