Wednesday, January 27, 2010

PHOTOGRAPHING

This is from last week when we drove to Ladner to take pictures. I found it too cold and windy so left dad at the top of the hill bravely taking pictures of mountains and water.
We found a quieter place where I said "let's stop here." A cheerful man walked by with shorts on and with a door, sorry I mean dog. lol We did not realize until he walked away he had a wooden leg. You meet nice people no matter where you go! !

Dad and I went out to Fort Langley to take pictures. I had been for my walk and had dug around in the garden. I have to be very careful not to overdo it and the front part can be tricky going on the rocks around the plants. I was thinking one of those walking sticks would be good but I guess that would look a little funny. But at my age I should not care.

It was sunny but not as warm as we had thought. It is wonderful just to wonder through the day and not be in any hurry or not to be in a certain place. We want to take the sky train from the airport into town which we should do before it gets any busier.

We had lunch at Langley at a very popular book store and cafe. Lunch was good but so was looking at the books. I was beside two young girls who were chatting away about what they had read and wanting to buy and soon we all three starting talking. I found a book in the bargain section for only $2 called "Leaping Without Words". Cultivating and exploring the sacred through writing and reading. The back cover said this book is for anyone who senses that words can be more than the expression of ides, they can be vessels and containers for the sacred. When I got it home I was very disappointed it was too wordy and for me the light of the spiritual did not shine through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me wish I was older and could while away my time doing what ever. I have been very blah this week, day 3 of no caffine, headache is almost gone now.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

What was the man doing taking a walk with a door?

What was the name of the bookstore?

Love,

Rick