Sunday, January 10, 2010

NAMES

Chosing a name for a baby can be a challenged but once they are named they suite the name so lovingly chosen. We look at this picture of Morgan and now we have so many happy moments to remember as she has grown and changed. I think it is wonderful for children to have a special date or time with each child individually. I am sure Ben and mummy had a great time bowling while daddy and Morgan played at home.

God, calls us each by name, calling us his "beloved" in whom He takes great delight. Jesus welcomed the children to sit on his knee because he knew how precious the heart of a child is.

Story teller Stuart McElean identifys with the young boy Sam in his stories. Sam has a tender heart and seems to be searching for an instruction book on life. We all love the humour with which Stuart tells his tales of family life. Sam a very ordinary name and yet he speaks to all ages and we share his hopes and dreams.

In the book "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom tells of a rabbi who only reached his potential by helping a child reach his. He had failed seminary school but the boy's father saw in him the skill to relate to people and to inspire them as he had done for this man's son.

We are waiting for two new babies to be named knowing the right name will be chosen.

Just as a funny aside I was advised by caring friends that I should have my name on me when I go out for my early morning walks! !

No comments: