Thursday, January 7, 2010

THE NEW


I do not hear a lot of talk about New Year's resolutions but it is not something I have ever been that interested in because changing is very hard to do and you have to be be very focused on doing it. I like the story about the cloth and the wine skins that Jesus told about putting new wine to ferment in new wineskin's because the old would not hold it. What I think he seems to be saying is that we do not have to be told what is right because we already know it so just do it!
My computer is refusing to go to images and I have a picture I took on New Year's Day of a rainbow. I know this is nothing like the computer failures that happened at the airport in Melbourne at Kenny's work and I believe in a big area. Even the planes could not get a correct reading of the fuel that had been loaded. Passengers had to wait hours for the plane to be able to take off. This reminds me we did not go to home group last night because only three of us could come and dad forgot to watch Mayday Mayday his favorite program.

I was so pleased to read in the Vancouver Sun, Jan. 2, that Canada is there helping to bring peace and also to feed the children. "Canada is by far the most welcome in the country because you are not tainted by history. So you have got a very important leadership role and the Haitian govt. trusts you". Paul Collier - Oxford University Economics professor.

They are working together to bring security, democratic governance, and eventual prosperity.
I am proud of out country trying to help in a positive way to bring about change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy's work was the lead story on Global news this morning. That is twice now. Hope you get your rainbow picture up, I will check back later today.
Sandra
Oh, did you get out to see the new baby?

beth bennett said...

No we did not go I do not know if we are being super sensitive but dad wants to wait for an invite.
We are going to New West. to pick up bread today.

Why did you not phone me about the story on Global? love mom